So the Black Lives Matter Marxists have thrown away the mask of helping the Black Community. The following list of DEMANDS was presented to businesses in the “gentrifying” area known as NuLu, in Louisville, Kentucky recently. Please be aware that only Leftist groups present lists of Demands to organizations like schools, businesses, and governments. This list sounds like Revolution to me.
- Businesses will adequately represent the black population of Louisville by having a minimum of 23% black staff (including management) in front of house positions, and maintain commitment and accountability to increasing that number (accountability roundtable information below).
- Retail locations will include a minimum of 23% inventory of black retailers OR make a recurring monthly donation of 1.5% of net sales to black local organizations.
- Business owners will require diversity, equity, & inclusion training for their staffs, to be conducted by any one of the black women leaders on the attached list. Training will be conducted thereafter on a bi-annual basis.
- Customize your own OR display one of the attached written statements in a viable location within your business to increase awareness and show support for the reparations movement.
- Non-profits in NuLu district will submit to a voluntary, external audit of their board of trustees and take necessary steps towards 23% representation on those boards.
- Business owners & non-profit leaders will participate in quarterly roundtable discussions to be held accountable for their communities to these demands, and work together towards increased equity.
- Maintain adequate black representation in any entertainment and performances booked at your business.
- Dress code policies inherently discriminate against black folks, women, and the transgender community. You must eliminate dress code policies that promote profiling towards patrons and employees, including their hair requirements or stipulations, which can disproportionately target black folks
- 23% representation on the board of NuLu Business Association
Now, the Black Lives Matter Marxists have given those businesses a list of the Consequences of Non-Compliance with the above list of Demands.
This is Extortion–Marxists acting like a Protection Racket, right in plain sight.
- Reduction in Racial Index Score/bias report to the Better Business Bureau.
- Social Media Blast: Notification, via all social media platforms, of non-compliance.
- Boycott: Public boycott, coordinated through social media and mail announcements, of your NuLu establishment AND any other business ventures owned by you.
- Protest: Visible, media-covered demonstration/sit-in outside your establishment.
- Invasive Reclamation: Placement of booths/tables outside your establishment where competing Black proprietors will offer items comparable to those offered by you.This is absolitely disgusting. What right do the BLM Marxists have to issue any such “demands” of the free people who own and run the businesses in Louisville? Who made them The All-Powerful who Must Be Obeyed? I fervently hope that the owners of those businesses band together and sue the daylights out of BLM.
This is absolutely disgusting! Who gave these Marxists the right to present “demands” to the free people who own and run these small businesses? Who made them the “All-Powerful” who can dictate to business owners how they shall behave? I fervently hope that those business proprietors band together and sue the daylights out of the sleazy extortionists!
8 thoughts on “Extortion, Pure and Simple”
These people are so tiresome. Tell them to shove it up their arse.
They didn’t list weekly envelope collections to mitigate ‘consequences,’ perhaps to avoid accusations of culural appropriation (Mafioso organized protection money collections).
Why is this not acted-upon by a Neighborhood Watch/Guardian Angels – not to mention law-enforcement?! If their pigmentation were different, it certainly would be, wouldn’t it? What a shakedown!
I believe this is FBI territory and they should be investigating.
Yes, RICO statutes; but, Neighborhood Watch, et al., for first-line defense, too.
This is not really law enforcement to them. To them, this is what government ought to look like, no questions asked, justified in the name of historically owed reparations. Or at least it’s a start.
Got that, but hasn’t the whole Democrat-developed “Great Society” program been 60 years of vote-grabbing, white-guilting, reparations, after all?
Apparently they’ve run into a few noisy Cubans and a bunch of not-noisy Cartel affiliates who disapprove.
Hoping it doesn’t come to piles of bodies, but organized crime is always messy.